SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who participates in the realization of a set of nursing care in collaboration with the health care team. She/he contributes to the assessment of the user's state of health and to the realization of the care plan, provides nursing and well-being care, nursing and medical treatment, with the aim of maintaining health, restore it and prevent disease. She participates in teaching users and their families.
Sampling Center :
Under the authority of the managers of the CMC and under the functional authority of the nurse from the same service, the licensed practical nurse (LPN) proceeds to collecting the samples from a patient for laboratory analysis according to a prescription or care plan. Thus, she works jointly with the nurse. In addition, she collaborates with all health professionals such as doctors and all nurses in the department and with partners.
The licensed practical nurse engages in the various activities detailed below with a human and respectful approach. She ensures at all times to work within her scope of practice in accordance with the laws and regulations governing the professional practice of LPNs.
Among other things, she collaborates in the collection of information relating to the patient's health history in link with the activities of the sampling center.
The LPN carefully observes the behavior and reactions of the patient. She ensures that all relevant information on the person's state of health is transmitted to the nurse and the healthcare team.
In order to ensure the smooth operations within the sampling center, the LPN collaborates in the preparation of clinical and laboratory equipment as well as the laboratory requisitions. At all times, she ensures that requests and samples are carried out and identified according to the standards of practice in place.
• Must have a vocational studies diploma (DEP) in health care assistance and nursing from a school recognized by the competent ministry;
• Must be a member of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers auxiliaires du Québec.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Cree culture and language, and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee is an asset;
• Interpersonal relationship skills and team spirit;
• Dynamism and self-confidence;
• Capacity to be autonomous, flexible, discrete, empathetic and to take initiatives;
• Capacity to work under pressure;
• Sense of observation and self-control.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree is an asset.
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $22.59 – Max. (12) $30.46