Job Title: Family Physician - Locum
Status: Contract from February 1st, 2021 – August 1st, 2022
Hours: 24.5 hours per week
Benefits and eligibility: 3% in lieu of group benefits, HOOPP pension eligibility, two weeks leave
Pay scale: $132.760-$156.188/hour
Application Deadline: Until filled
Who are we?
Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre is an innovative community based, multi-service center. We strive to meet the needs of the diverse communities we serve. We work in partnership with individuals, families, and communities to achieve their full potential, paying particular attention to those who are most vulnerable and at risk. PQCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation due to a disability, Please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Works with a multi-disciplinary health team to provide primary care services to individuals and families residing in the PQCHC or South Nepean catchment area using a medical care model which emphasizes a holistic approach of health promotion and client education, and encourages clients to take responsibility for their own health.
Job Specific Responsibilities
Teamwork and Collaboration:
• Participates in the evaluation component of the relevant program.
• Provides resources and support to program staff pertaining to specific client issues.
• Assists in the development of program specific policies and procedures/guidelines and in
• the overall planning and development of the program.
• Attends and participates at team and general staff meetings as scheduled.
• Maintains effective communication of information among internal and external stakeholders.
• Participates in staff development as appropriate to the position.
• Provides appropriate support and consultation to other primary care staff.
• Works within established policies of off-site organizations where staff are housed.
• Provides support to clients of team members as needed.
• Assists with the overall planning, development and evaluation of health services.
Direct Client Service:
• Provides clinical services to clients, either in the Centre or in the community, taking into account the environmental, social, psychological and medical factors that influence health.
• Assesses, diagnoses and prescribes treatment to clients, and refers to other resources as appropriate.
• Participates in an on-call roster with other physicians within the Centre and other CHC's in the Ottawa area.
• Participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
• Plans and participates in outreach health services.
• Maintains awareness of current issues and developments in the respective field.
• Performs health promotion activities on relevant topics.
• Maintains complete and accurate medical records for all clients.
• Participates in regular chart reviews and case conferences.
• Maintains current licensing with the appropriate regulatory body.
• Doctorate in Family Medicine Essential.
• Experience in a community setting desirable.
• Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care.
• Linguistic Profile (for French Language Designation positions):
o English A+ Essential
o French A+ Asset
• Other languages desirable.
• Technology Proficiency - Practice Solutions, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.