Job Description - Site Management Associate II (Real World & Late Phase) (21011366)
Site Management Associate II (Real World & Late Phase)-(21011366)
Site Management Associate II
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Perform site management activities in compliance with the Company and Sponsor (if applicable) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs).
• Assure compliance with local regulations and appropriate guidance depending on assigned study design / classification. May include Good Pharmacoepidemiology Practices (GPP) and/or International Conference on Harmonization - Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP).
• Conduct site management activities as per agreed Scope of Work (SoW), Site Management Plan (SMP) and relevant guidelines.
o Site identification – may contact sites to obtain interest in study participation, confirm contact details, retrieve documents for consideration, etc.
o Site Qualification - Ensures selection of appropriate sites for assigned studies.
o Site Start-Up – With minimal supervision, ability to perform activities for assigned sites working with study start-up and regulatory.
o Conduct of all remote and on-site monitoring activities through all study stages.
• Routinely reviews the Investigator Site File (ISF) for accuracy, timeliness and completeness. Reconciles contents of the ISF with the Trial Master File (TMF). Ensures the investigator/physician site is aware of the requirement of archiving essential documents in accordance with local guidelines and regulations.
• Documents activities via confirmation letters, follow-up letters, trip reports, communication logs, and other required project documents as per SOPs and SMP, within required timelines. Supports subject/patient recruitment, retention and awareness strategies. Enters data into tracking systems as required to track all observations, ongoing status and assigned action items to resolution.
• Demonstrates diligence in protecting the confidentiality of each subject/patient.
• Assigned sites data review, assisting with data query resolution and missing data follow-up (only as applicable). Review data using data trend reports and knowledge of site practices. Ensure the resolution of data queries within agreed timelines. Utilize available hardware and software to support effective study data collection and review.
• Maintain effective, accurate and timely communication with site staff and project team, and ensure appropriate issue escalation and resolution as per SOPs with a focus on issue prevention.
• Maintains clinical tracking and management systems.
• Ensure all assigned sites are trained and compliant with requirements of the study protocol, informed consent process, data collection requirements/data collection tools and safety reporting.
• Provides guidance at the site and project level towards audit readiness standards and supports preparation for audit and required follow-up actions.
• Prepare for, attend and participate in Investigator Meetings and/or sponsor face-to-face meetings.
• As required, collaborate and build relationships with Sponsor affiliates, medical science liaisons, and local country sponsor staff.
• For assigned activities, understands project scope, budgets, and timelines; manages site-level activities / communication to ensure project objectives, deliverables and timelines are met. Must be able to quickly adapt, with the oversight of the Clinical Operations Lead or designee, to changing priorities to achieve goals / targets.
• Identify and communicate out of scope activities to Clinical Operations Lead.
• Attend, contribute to and present at study and department meetings.
What we’re looking for
• BA/BS degree in science/health care field or nursing degree or equivalent combined education and experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email/voicemail, and Clinical Trial Management and EDC systems.
• Previous site management (in-house, on-site, Study Coordinator) or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communication, time management, organizational, documentation and customer service skills.
• Knowledge of local requirements for Real World Late Phase study designs as well as Real World Research and relevant regulations including GPP.
• Excellent customer focus (internal and external) and able to interact professionally with a client organization and study site.
• Willingness to work within a team-oriented environment. Ability to work in a “virtual” team setting as well as work independently, seeking guidance as appropriate.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks (across multiple studies as necessary) and prioritize accordingly to achieve study timelines. Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent command of written and spoken local language, if not English, as well as English required.
• Ability to develop good working relationships via oral communication and good phone etiquette.
• Ability to travel up to 60% on a regular basis depending on assignments and study phase.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
This job excludes CO applicants.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.