ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager–Montréal Mobile Blood Drives or Internal and South Shore Blood Drive Preparation Supervisor or Manager–Donor Centre and in collaboration with other members of the team, you:
• Participate in setting up and dismantling the blood drives;
• See to it that the material needed to properly greet and register donors is available;
• Install and check the computer equipment;
• Greet donors, check and record their information and help them during the registration process;
• Ensure donors are aware of the selection criteria documents intended for them;
• Administer the hemoglobin test to donors;
• Relay relevant information to the organizing committee and volunteers working on the blood drives;
• Answer phone calls, relay information to the appropriate persons and provide follow- up;
• Schedule and confirm appoints;
• Fill out certain documents and reports;
• Close your workstation.
In addition, you may be assigned to perform the tasks of the blood drive technical assistant. More specifically, you:
• Ensure donors are comfortable during their donation;
• Check the donor's file, monitor the blood donation flow and complete the process (by removing the needle);
• Prepare, seal, label and package the blood bags and samples;
• Enter the data regarding the various donations in the computer system;
• In the event of discomfort, notify the appropriate persons and assist them;
• Ensure the supply of material.
• Hold a secondary V diploma or the equivalent;
• Be familiar with various computer tools and software;
• Have a good command of French and English;
• Be able to handle loads;
• Pass a medical examination;
• Be available to work three days a week (including a Friday and/or Monday based on the department's needs), as well as one weekend out of two.
• Be available full-time for 2 to 3 weeks of training.
• Excellent approach to customer service;
• Excel as a team player.
• Flexible schedule (day, evening and weekend);
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this job includes the following benefits:
• Hourly rate of $20.07;
• No night shifts;
• Uniform supplied;
• Meal allowance;
• Travel allowance from our Montréal and Brossard facilities;
• Possibility of travel to various regions of Québec;
• Paid full basic training.