*Please note the annual salary for this position is $82,386 to $105,733
The Ontario Public Service is one of the largest employers in the province, with a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We believe in the core values of trust, fairness, diversity, excellence, creativity, collaboration, efficiency and responsiveness. We invite you to join our teams!
Ministry of the Solicitor General is seeking experienced Psychologists to join its multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals at the Central East Correctional Centre.
As a Registered Psychologist, you will be part of a dedicated team in the delivery of individual and group treatment programs, as well as therapy and consulting services. If you are an outstanding professional with a passion for helping others, don't miss this exciting opportunity.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) offers a competitive compensation package, including a defined pension plan. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, and recognize team and individual achievements.
To learn more about the compensation package for this position, please visit the Ontario Public Service Employee Union website (www.opseu.org) for a copy of the current collective agreements, and the OPSEU Pension Trust website (www.optrust.com) for information on the pension plan.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide a wide variety of psychological services related to the diagnosis, treatment, assessment and evaluation of offenders • Facilitate psychological rehabilitation, conduct therapy, and administer, evaluate and interpret psychological tests • Provide risk assessment reports to the Ontario Parole Board • Organize and conduct research and program evaluation projects • Assist with staff training programs • Provide consultation and advice to the management team, and respond to inquiries
How do I qualify?
• You are registered in good standing as a Psychologist in autonomous OR supervised practice in the Province of Ontario
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• You have demonstrated knowledge of the science and practices of psychology, including psychotherapeutic and assessment techniques to plan, conduct and coordinate services • You can apply complex treatment techniques, and provide consultation and advice on diagnosis and treatment of offenders • You have knowledge of forensic psychological theories, practices and procedures
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can effectively communicate information on assessment approaches, findings, and treatment and rehabilitative activities • You can use motivational interviewing skills to encourage the use of psychological services with a goal of promoting change • You can maintain strong working relationships with staff in multi-disciplinary teams and community agencies
Analytical and Organizational Skills
• You can determine the most appropriate diagnostic approach from a range of alternatives • You can evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of treatment and rehabilitative programs • You can use sound judgement when working with highly confidential information and cases
Other Essential Skills
• You can organize and co-ordinate psychological services • You have knowledge of and experience with program evaluation techniques
Since you are applying from outside Canada, you application will be moderated by our team. You will receive an email once it's been approved.
There was an error, please try again.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order for your application to be considered.
I am legally entitled to work in Canada
Application from outside Canada
Finding an employer that will assist you in your work permit without knowing you is utopic.. Employers simply do not consider non-resident applications. We strongly recommend that you immigrate to Canada before you start looking for employment.