Senior Project Data Manager
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Our Clinical Development model brings the customer and the patient to the center of everything that we do. We are continuously looking for ways to simplify and streamline our work to not only make Syneos Health easier to work with, but to make us easier to work for.
Whether you join us in a Functional Service Provider partnership or a Full-Service environment, you’ll collaborate with passionate problem solvers, innovating as a team to help our customers achieve their goals. We are agile and driven to accelerate the delivery of therapies, because we are passionate to change lives.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
• On a stand-alone project acts as Project Leader, including primary Sponsor contact for all contracted Data Management activities and deliverables. On a full service project acts as Functional Lead for Data Management including primary contact for internal liaison between Data Management/Operations and Project Management, Clinical Monitoring, and other functional groups
• Coordinate the work of the assigned Data Management/Data Operations team
• Ensures launch, delivery and completion of all Data Management activities and milestones according to contractual agreement and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, and regulations
• Provides project specific training to internal and external audiences as required
• Responsible for financial management of assigned projects / programs, including revenue recognition, changes in scope and participation in internal project review meetings, including liaison with Finance and Contracts groups as needed
• Monitors and communicates project/program progress to the Sponsor and project team including use of project status reports and tracking tools/metrics to enable in stream data collection and query management
• Supports the management of resources on assigned projects/programs
• Plan, manages and requests resources for assigned projects
• Develop and maintain project plans, specifications and documentation in line with SOP requirements
• Maintains documentation on an ongoing basis and ensures that all TMF filing is up to date
• Participates in, and presents at internal, Sponsor, third-party, and investigator meetings
• Plans for and creates necessary documentation to support internal and external audits; participates in such audits
• Trains and mentors data management staff, acts as a subject matter expert
• Prepares input for, and participates in proposal bid defense meetings
• Maintains proficiency in Data Management systems and processes through regular training. May attend/represent the company at professional meetings/conferences
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%)
What we’re looking for
• BA/BS in the biological sciences or related disciplines in the natural science/health care field or Registered Nurse. In lieu of degree, equivalent relevant work experience.
• Clinical data management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in Clinical Data Management practices and relational database management software systems.
• Strong project management skills and knowledge of project management methodologies
• Demonstrated staff leadership skills.
• Contract Research Organization (CRO) experience preferred.
• Direct exposure to Oracle Clinical, Rave, or Inform systems. Knowledge of medical terminology, clinical data, and ICH/Good Clinical Practices.
• Proficiency in MS Windows navigation, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email applications.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills
• Good organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to multitask under tight deadlines while providing attention to detail.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to change, to work independently, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to make effective decisions and manage multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment.
• Knowledge of ICH/GCP regulatory requirements for clinical studies, in particular requirements applicable to Clinical Data Management
As a healthcare company we have an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission & Approval of an Exemption does not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated
Get to know Syneos Health
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.