Company Operating Name: Canadian Health Labs (CHL)
CHLis a mobile healthcare provider under contract to provide health care for various public and private sector organizations throughout Canada.
This is an opportunity to contribute to keeping Canadians safe and healthy. You will be working in a team environment.
Business Address: 3-1870 Albion Road, Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 5T2
Title of Position: Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 32101)
- Arrange and/or provide patient care based on patient assessment and care planning procedures;
- Provide patient-centered care in alignment with nursing practice standards/scope of practice outlined by Provincial regulator;
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client;
- Participates in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of multidisciplinary care plan to meet the individualized needs of patients;
- Perform nursing duties including taking vital signs, applying dressing and wound care, administer medication and observe therapeutic effects, provide pre-operative and post-operative comfort care, monitor patient progress and response to therapeutic interventions;
- Adhere to the current policies and procedures outline by the facility/hospital setting and Canadian Health Labs;
- Medication Administration (IV/IM/SC/Inhalation/Transdermal) and are familiar with high risk/high alert drugs or critical care infusions (ER/ICU/CCU/PACU);
- Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups;
- Provide patient and family centered education, counselling and health promotion;
- Coordinate daily with patients, case managers, physicians, scheduling, and other departments to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments, treatments, and communication of information;
- Collaborated effective with interdisciplinary team members; and
- Consult with physicians, pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients regarding education and implementation of product specific programs.
Term of Employment:Full-time, permanent; 12-hour shifts which may occur during the day, evening, night, holidays or weekends.
Language of Work: French or English. Preference will be given to French-bilingual candidates.
Wage: Range between $50-$60/hour dependent on experience, education, language ability and additional factors as negotiated on hiring.
Benefits: Health coverage will be provided only an interim, as-need basis until the successful candidate obtains Provincial health coverage.
Location of work: Candidate will be required to travel throughout New Brunswick and work at the following facilities:
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont - 330 Université Ave, Moncton, NB E1C 2Z3
Hôpital Régional d’Edmundston - 275 Bd Hébert, Edmundston, NB E3V 4E4
Hôpital Régional de Campbellton - 189 Lily Lake Rd, Campbellton, NB E3N 3H3
Hôpital Régional Chaleur - 1750 Sunset Dr, Bathurst, NB E2A 4L7
Hôpital Stella-Maris-de-Kent - 7714 NB-134, Sainte-Anne-de-Kent, NB E4S 1H5
Hôpital Lameque and Community Health Centre - 29 Rue de l'Hopital, Lamèque, NB E8T 1C5
Hôpital Restigouche - 63 Gallant Dr, Campbellton, NB E3N 3G2
Hôpital Tracadie - 400 Rue des Hospitalières, Tracadie-Sheila, NB E1X 1G5
Hotel-Dieu Saint-Joseph de Saint-Quentin - 21 Rue Canada, Saint-Quentin, NB E8A 2P6
Contact Information: Johana Salinas, Senior Talent Specialist, ******@******************.***, Tel: (289) 835-2826 3-1870 Albion Road, Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 5T2
Skills (education, experience):
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary program or other approved program;
- 1-year experience working with community health care agencies and private health care providers an asset;
- Registration and licensing with provincial nurses regulatory body, as required;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, concern resolution process and customer service;
- Ability to work under supervision as well as independently and part of a team;
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to patient-centered care;
- Ability to problem solve through critical thinking and self-education;
- Enthusiastic attitude and energy to provide excellent care and the ability to show demonstrate patience, sensitivity, and creativity;
- Ability to work on his/her feet for a complete shift;
- Physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of the position (may be required to lift, move, push, or pull objects weighing up to 20 kilograms);
- Satisfactory criminal records check; and
- Covid Vaccination records (minimum of 2 doses).