Prairie Mountain Health is Hiring Midwives!
Location: Brandon, MB
Positions available: Two full-time permanent positions
The role of the midwife is to be the primary care provider to women and their newborns during the childbearing year. The Midwife works collaboratively with other professionals and functions as a member of an inter-disciplinary health care team to provide effective comprehensive service to childbearing women and their families. The Midwife is an autonomous primary health care provider who provides midwifery service to women in a variety of settings such as in the client’s home, in community clinics, and in hospitals. The midwife may facilitate continuity of care beyond the childbearing year, through communication with other health care providers or services. All midwifery services are delivered in accordance with the policies and procedures of Prairie Mountain Health (PMH), the Midwifery Model of Practice, and the Standards of the College of Midwives of Manitoba (CMM).
* Graduate of an educational program approved by the College of Midwives of Manitoba (CMM)
* Active/eligible registration with the College of Midwives of Manitoba
* Experience as a Registered Midwife as asset
* Eligible for liability insurance coverage specified by PMH
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) within the past twelve (12) months
* Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification with intubation
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
* Physical, mental and emotional ability to perform duties related to the position on a daily basis, including assisting clients with physical and mental challenges during clinic visits, lifting a variety of clinic equipment and teaching materials
* Ability to incorporate Harm Reduction Principles in Practice
* Experience with Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Demonstrated leadership
* Advanced written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently and interdependently within a team setting
* Ability to work flexible hours scheduled according to client/program needs
* Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
* Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
* Ability to establish relationships based on mutual respect and trust and cultural safety
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
Benefit packages and Pension Plan Available!
Apply Today! Visit our website at Careers (pmh-mb.ca)
Email **********@******.** for any questions including HR posting numbers: BHCMISC231654 or CMHMISC233833
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.