Project Manager II, Strategic Mental Health and Substance Use Initiatives BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
Regular, Full-Time - Vancouver, B.C.
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides provincial specialized mental health services to British Columbians across the province. Services are provided across three program areas: Adult Complex Mental Health and Substance Use, Forensic Mental Health, and Correctional Health Services. In addition to providing clinical care, BCMHSUS has a provincial role in virtual health, health literacy, prevention, and early intervention, research and knowledge exchange. In recognition of PHSA's expanded provincial mandate, BCMHSUS also plays a key role in provincial clinical policy and system improvement.
The Project Manager II, Strategic Mental Health and Substance Use Initiatives, works with senior BCMHSUS leadership and collaborates with the health authorities and other key stakeholders to ensure effective development, implementation, and support for strategic system-level provincial mental health and substance use initiatives in alignment with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions, and PHSA directions, goals and objective for the broad continuum of mental health and substance use services and supports.
These strategic system-level initiatives may require literature reviews and syntheses, environmental scans, reviews of practices, procedures and systems, stakeholder consultations, and other data collection approaches. The Project Manager will therefore require strong methodological skills. With responsibility to coordinate these initiatives and their implementation, demonstrated project management skills, preferably of large and/ or complex projects, is also required.
Other key attributes include:
• A keen sense of initiative, critical and independent thinking, and creative problem-solving
• Excellent communication skills and strong collaborative orientation to facilitate effective relationships and productivity in the context of inter-disciplinary, multi-stakeholder, cross-sectoral initiatives
• Strong foundational understanding of mental health and substance use service systems and related policies and best practices in Canada
• Working knowledge of knowledge exchange and implementation science an asset
• A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master's Degree in Health Services Administration, Social Sciences, Public Health, or relevant health care discipline with a minimum of seven (7) year's recent, related, and relevant experience
If you are committed to strengthening the mental health and substance use system in BC and improving
outcomes for people at risk for or experiencing mental health and/ or substance use issues, submit your
For more information, please contact Linda Hand, Manager, Talent Acquisition - Clinical Services at (604) 875-7216 or click on the APPLY button below to submit your resume.
We will be reviewing applications upon receipt. Applications will be accepted until March 31st, 2019 or until the position is filled.