Kelowna Health and Service Centre has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full-Time Medical Office Assistant to join their team in Kelowna, B.C. This position supports the very busy Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Clinic and is a multi-site and multi-coverage position working rotating days and evenings - 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 09:00 to 17:00, 10:00 to 18:00, 12:00 to 20:00.
What we offer:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employer paid vacation
• Medical Services Plan
• Employer paid insurance premiums
• Extended health & dental coverage
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Work-life balance
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties such as:
• Registering patients – including scheduling and confirming appointments
• Answering telephones, general correspondence, record keeping, chart notes, reports, medical billings
• Data entry and word processing, graphic and database applications,
• Compiling and entering statistical information,
• Writing correspondence including: recording, transcribing and typing forms
• Balancing and checking revenue transactions
• Managing medical/surgical supplies and equipment and other resource material.
• Escorting patients to examination/treatment rooms and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up;
• Attending sensitive examination procedures and treatments; routine measurements - weight, BMI calculations, eye exams, urinalysis.
• Cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment and instruments as well as delivery and disposal of supplies, biological, material and equipment
What should your application include?
-A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
-A Medical Office Assistant Certificate;
-A current valid BC Driver’s License;
-A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits for permanent and temporary roles and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Medical Office Assistant/Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
About the location:: Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within an one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Education, Training & Experience
-Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant Certificate Program from an accredited Community College
-Two years recent related experience in a health care setting; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
-Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
-Current valid BC Driver's License
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.